The Tuahiwi Project Governance Group would like to thank all those who participated in Phase One – Engagement and Consultation over 2018. Whether you were able to attend one of the five wananga held, submitted your whakaaro through our online survey or postcard survey, we greatly appreciate the time and effort taken to contribute.
The final report for Phase One was presented at the October 2018 General Meeting. Key aspects of the report included:
• The Tuahiwi Project Phase One Survey Outcomes
• Wananga One Outcomes – Our History and Values
• Wananga Two Outcomes – Understanding the Journey and Goal Setting
• Wananga Three Outcomes – Financial and Structural Relationships with Associated Entities
• Wananga Four Outcomes – Current Structure and Proposed Future Structure
• Wananga Five Outcomes – Consultation with Hau-Kainga, Trustees, Fenton Reserve Trustees and Kaumātua.
After presenting the final report, we are pleased to announce that the below motion was moved and carried:
Motion: The Runanga support the Tuahiwi Project Governance Group to move on the the 2nd stage of design.
Next Steps Forward
With the approval from the Runanga to move on to Phase Two – Design, we have engaged with The Tuia Group to help with Phase Two implementation. We are aiming to build and frame a tangible organisational model that is fit for purpose by the new financial year.
The Governance Group would like to invite nga uri o Tuahuriri to wananga. The Wananga will include an update on the progress made-to-date and a presentation on the draft model. See details below:
What: Phase Two Wananga One
When: 10am-12pm on the 8th of June 2019
Where: Tuahiwi Marae
Note: Please bring a plate for a shared lunch
Ways you can keep up-to-date with the project:
• Like and follow the official Te Ngai Tuahuriri Runanga Facebook page, We Are Tuahiwi
• Attend the monthly Runanga meetings on the first Sunday of the month
• And visit our website tuahiwimarae.iwi.nz
If you have any questions or would like to receive a copy of the Phase One Final Report, please email email@example.com